If there’s one adjective that can be used to describe Simisola Ogunleye, it’s euphonious. Simi is one of Nigeria’s most talented singer-songwriters, and her impact in the music industry has been undeniable. If you are a huge fan of her music, you’ll love these facts about her.
Here are eight interesting facts you probably didn’t know about Simi.
1. Simi’s passion for music was harnessed very early as Simi started singing at age 8, and at 10 she wrote her first song.
2. Simi used to be a gospel singer. She released her first gospel project titled ‘Ogaju’ in 2006 before switching to Afro-pop when she was signed to her record label X3M in 2014.
3. She rose to limelight in 2014 after she released ‘Tiff’, the song was later nominated at the 2015 Headies.
4. She once mentioned during an interview that she enjoys broadcasting and blogging
5. She lists hard work and consistency as attributes contributed to the success she is currently enjoying the music industry.
6. Being a very reserved person, she had always kept her love life private There were speculations that she and rapper Falz was in a relationship, but neither of them confirmed or denied the relationship until the news of her engagement with Adekunle Gold broke.
7. Simi has revealed several that she is a proud feminist who strongly believes that women deserve equal opportunities and rights as men. She also mentioned that her husband, Adekunle Gold supports the feminist movement.
8. In January 2019, Simi tied the knot with her husband, Adekunle Gold in a private wedding ceremony. She is expecting her first child with the singer.
However, Simi recent hit single ‘Duduke‘ is doing well on mainstream, it has accumulated over 1 million views on Youtube.