I Contemplated Suicide Several Times
If only people look like what they have been through, we’d learn to count our blessings and name them one by one.
Former Big Brother Naija housemate Ifu Ennada has on Instagram shared her life journey and if you had doubts she is a strong woman, it will vanish after you have read her.
Ifu wrote that the challenges she experienced as a child were so overwhelming she committed suicide several times and also that she watched her 4-year-old brother die in the armotherer mither.
Read her exact words below:-
- My name is Iheme Faith Uloma Adanne, popularly known as Ifu Ennada – The Ifu Ennada.
- As a child I always had massive dreams, but the challenges I experienced “so many times” were overwhelming that I contemplated suicide several times and lost myself along the way… I remember when I was 9yrs old, my whole family moved to the village, while my dad stayed back in Lagos to hustle… Our rent had been long overdue and the landlord could only but kick us out.
- It was a terrible time for me, but what was more terrible was helplessly watching my 4yrs old younger brother die in front of me – in my mother’s arms, my mother who would have given her life in exchange for his.
- We were so poor, that even there in the village we couldn’t afford average healthcare… Instagram would be unable to take record of the number of times I was abused in a number of ways… My life’s journey has been one tough but inspiring one. For each time I was down, God always came through, in form of His Word, but most importantly in the shape of people – good people who remind me that humanity is BeautIFU! and that the world isn’t evil.
- These good people include all of you reading this, all of you who would never give up on me. All you wonderful people who care about me in ways I can’t imagine.
- Coming out of the Big Brother House, I didn’t know such massive love was awaiting me and now as I am set for what’s coming, I want you all to know that I am who I am because of God and you.
- I don’t take you for granted and my love for you will always be never ending.
- Thank you!